Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Message to those who have Secret Dreams!

Every person has something in his heart that he secretly dreams about.

It can be anything. Starting from a good career, nice house, luxury car, fantastic marriage, travelling and etc. Dreams enrich our minds and we feel good even when we program ourselves not to believe in our dreams. We still feel good when we dream. For a fraction of a moment we get certain about ourselves and we believe that we are capable of doing almost everything in life. We gain confidence. Though in most of the cases I see more and more people to give up even that little fraction. Time changes us. As we grow we get less confident about ourselves. Depressive mode expands in our territories. Risk becomes an enemy. Comfort becomes a number one priority. Our pursuit of happiness transforms into "I am not happy but at least I am comfortable in where I am?"



I wrote about couple of dreams that became true. Of which the most important one was my engagement and marriage to the girl of my dreams Munavvar. I could not believe in my eyes when I saw her first and then it all happened. I started to dream about her. Soon I realized that she became a part of life. Then she became my life itself. Sometimes when she is asleep I silently stare at her. She reminds me of every single dream I had previously. She reminds me of truth that in this life soon or late every dream comes true. Be it possible or impossible. Be it simple or complex. Be it for one or for all.

I started dreaming at a young age. My first dream was Dandy's game set. My dad bought it when I passed a high school entry examination. I still remember that day. My first dream became true! I was immeasurably happy playing all day long.

My next dream in the list was crossing the Atlantic Ocean and being in The United States. It happened in summer of 2002 when I stood at the flight gate waiting in anxiety for my plane to arrive. On that day I realized that I am crossing a new line in my life. I am going to a place where everything is extremely different and supposedly better than in my homeland. The next thing I remember is landing in Denver Colorado and shaking because of excitement. I made it to USA. Unbelievable! I had a full year that transformed personally and psychologically into a new phase of my character building. I became flexible and much more open to society ready to share my ideas and feelings. I believe I will cover that experience in another entry of mine.

I also remember about my "Antalya" dream. When I studied in university I had a close friend who worked in touristic agency. Faruk would talk about his past work experience. I would listen and dream about doing what he did and being where he had been. Especially when he talked about Antalya I would picture myself in some exotic beach walking under sun. His stories were stuck in my head untill I flew over to Nakhchivan and got into bus then took 27 hour ride to Antalya. Faruk's stories had to step off because my stories were adding up on a daily basis.

My Antalya experience led to many changes in my life. I got much more responsible. I learned how to deal with customers and how to dive into multicultural pool. I still remember a dinner at Kempinski Hotel where I sat next to an aristocratic french family and making jokes about women drivers that turned into an instant hit. I was a boy from a middle class family of Baku sitting next to those who had everything that a middle class family boy could dream about. Sitting there I promised myself to become a father to such family.

Dreaming is like playing a game that you adore. You can't stop it. Dreams change in quantity, quality and coverage zone. As I got skilled in my game I understood that I am responsible for what I dream about.

I remember my mom telling me to forget about Malaysia in 2009. She told me to get serious about my future life and think about my career. I still see the shock on her face when I left Baku to be in Kuala Lumpur for 5 days for a business conference. It was an impossible dream even for those who knew me for many years. My close friends and relatives were in despair when they heard the news. I saw Petronas Towers. The same ones I saw in the movies and dreamed of being at. Amazing it was to step on the grass in the middle of KL and to see variety of people coming to this huge place full of opportunities. Our university dean Salim bey always told us that patience is the best virtue in business. I took this opinion and modified for myself. Patience is the best virtue in dreaming game. You must wait and see what comes next and how your dream transforms into real time experience or sweet past time memory.
 
All I can say is dreaming is sacred and it changes from person to person. As we grow our dreams must grow with us and within us. We can not give up at any age to fight for our dreams if necessary. If not for them then for what to live for?

I decided to do coaching because I love working with people who forget about their dreams and give up on them. I love to fight for the chance to shake them up and get them back on the track again.

Those who read my entry need to analyze their lives. Please go back to your childhood. Get back to your memories and think about the things you dreamt of. Make a Personal Dream List. Start dreaming again and soon you will get back to essence of your being. My personal dream list always gets upgraded and never leaves my mind.

I always stick to this statement : If your dream is big enough the facts don't matter. Money, time and what others say to you plays no role at all. Your decision is defining factor! Whether your dream becomes true or not depends only on YOU!

Good luck!